Friday, September 23, 2005

Rita

here we sit and wait for news, as another huge hurricane is about to strike the southern coast of America, this time centered almost exactly on the Louisiana/Texas border. pray for the people in Beaumont, in Houston, and all along the gulf coast, as many of them will likely lose their homes and possesions. personally I'm hoping that it misses New Orleans entirely, because if it doesn't, I'm not sure the city can stand it.

in fact, from what I saw there, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't. the place was a total mess. it's sad to see a place that was a home for so many people now standing so empty. yes, there were workers, but normal life did not exist. it's quite sobering to see. and that could happen to any of us. I was reminded while down there of the song "God Bless the USA", which starts out with "if tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life, and I had to start again with just my children and my wife". I wonder how the people who really have lost everything feel about something like that. I think for me it would probly hit too close to home...

it hasn't happened to me yet. but it may, at any time. pray for the people in south Texas and Louisiana.

Good Day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home