Sunday, February 05, 2006

...He Said It Was A Bad Dream...

last night I had a crazy dream
had a nutty irishman without whipped cream
I didn't know what to say about that
but whipping cream does make you fat
guess I don't need it

driving down the road feeling good
a big square box fell on my hood
some kid says "it's a washer, man"
you can wash your clothes, yes you can
i said "Man! that's a dryer!"

got out of my car it was pouring rain
my little coat can't abide the strain
I found an elephant with a big huge grin
stood underneath it was dry under him
least till he walked away.

now it was pouring on me again
I was wishing I was real thin
so I could stand under a telephone wire
then the rain would drip right on by
my brother could do that

somehow I fell through the concrete walk
fell into a room where men did talk
apparently they were real bad guys,
though i'm not sure I could tell you why
oh, they wanted to kill me, that's why

I said "Hey! what you want to kill me for?
just cause i did't use the door?"
one said "No you idiot
you just fell in and broke the boss's foot
so we gotta kill you"

I said "hey boss man, what's the matter with you?
I didn't mean to fall on you"
he said "listen up you little man
I can squash you with just one hand"
I said "maybe you should try it"

well he did try, I'll tell you true
nothing he didn't try to do
but i got away and ran like heck
till I tripped on the sidewalk and broke my neck
and that was the end of my dream

now I'm still alive, as you can see
but maybe i shouldn't ought to be
I'll jump off a cliff if you want me to
see if I can make that dream come true
scary thought
for me, anyway

Good Day...

8 Comments:

Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

well that is some fine writing Evan, very "Dylanesque" if you ask me, tell me honestly though do you really think I can use a telephone wire for an umbrella.

Does this one have a tune?

5.2.06  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

by the way, I like the H*R reference

5.2.06  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

sorry to post again, but I have got another great line for you.

A man asked me if I wanted a frozen banana...I said no but I want a regular banana later so...yeah

5.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's good!! Haha, no really, I love it, it's very entertaining. ;)

6.2.06  
Blogger LN said...

Yeah, he came into the kitchen while I was fixing lunch and said "you've got to go read my blog-- I just wrote a bob dylan song." I asked him how he could've written a bob dylan song, seeing as he's not bob dylan, but hehe this is really good. Although he didn't rhyme "fabric" and "I dig a sandwich" . . .

Great job, evhead.

6.2.06  
Blogger ShapeNoteSinger said...

1-800-Send-It-To-Bob!

I should have named you Dylan.

....but did you do your Geometry?
xo

7.2.06  
Blogger foreverlastinglife said...

haha thats great.

7.2.06  
Blogger Gracie said...

lol, that's great!

8.2.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home