Wednesday, December 07, 2005

...A Song That I Can Sing In My Own Company...

so now you've lost the game
gave it all, it was the price of fame
you own everything but you can't see the light
blinded, surrounded by darkness so bright
fought your way through the pit of hell
for the chance to be loved so well
well, it doesn't happen that way, as you know.
yet still you'd trade all for the one chance to go
you glory in all the toys you've made,
but you know they've already begun to fade
but you think if you're strong, if you stay
your troubles can run away

you believe in living outside of time,
some people would think it's a crime
you know I know better, you know it's the same
but still you think nothing can sully your name
how do you think you will do without grace?
buy a ticket to heaven with your pretty face?
no, there is nowhere, nowhere to run
nowhere to hide from the bright glowing sun
and if you try, as I know you will do
nothing but death will be waiting for you
you know what I'm thinking, you know what I say
you can't hide from troubles, you can't run away

1 Comments:

Blogger Cass said...

incredible ev, i like it :)

20.9.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home