Wednesday, April 05, 2006

...The Hour Is Late...

well, last night Ellen and I had the greatest time. we went down to the old Gypsy Tea Room in Deep Ellum to see Derek Webb and Sandra McCracken, little knowing what we were getting into :)

no seats. no seats at all. not that they were taken, there weren't any at all. but we got a good standing spot :) the other interesting thing was the band who opened for them...a brother/sister act called Judd & Maggie. I would definitely suggest listening to their music...their harmony is excellent. I was so impressed that I decided to buy their cd at the end of their first song.

so anyway, the Derek Webb part of the show was excellent as well :) he played requests for about 45 minutes, took a short break, and then played through all of Mockingbird with Sandra on the piano. boy oh boy, it was a great evening.

Good Day...

7 Comments:

Blogger fa-so-la-la said...

Ah! Gipsy Tea Room is where we saw Nickel Creek in November. Talk about a great concert...

6.4.06  
Blogger gabbie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6.4.06  
Blogger gabbie said...

wow! you got to see Derek Webb and Sandra McCraken?!?!?!
that must've been awesome!

i guess last night was the "go-to-a-contemporary-Christian-concert" night. me and a bunch of my friends from school went to see Tait, and then heard Joe White talk on "pure excitement".

good stuff.

6.4.06  
Blogger LaceyP said...

I would LOVE to see Derek Webb and Bebo Norman in concert! I got to see Casting Crowns, and I've see Third Day a bunch...but I would love to see those two! I don't think I've ever heard of the girl you mentioned...

6.4.06  
Blogger Jennifer R. said...

*feeling slightly jealous*

Those two are fun to see, indeed. But no chairs? Eek!

6.4.06  
Blogger GravyGal said...

Sounds great. Wish I could have been there too. :)

7.4.06  
Blogger Cass said...

wow i saw them too! cool. well i was extremely embarresed because we were early and not many people were there. anyways we found a bat and i was chasing my brother with it. anyway, sandra mckracken was watching us and laughing and she let us in the church and derek webb was like putting out cd's and stuff and we talked to them a while cause we were like the only ones there. i didn't know it was sandra until i saw a cd, and i was like hey its the same person, so yeah i felt stuped, but we got a pic with sandra, and then they left to do sound check, but it was pretty cool. okay bye

23.11.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home