Wednesday, September 27, 2006

...I'm Happy, I'm Happy...

what's the deal with my brain? Am I blue? Where do you go when you lose everything? A town called Hypocrisy? But there's no future here, no future for us in this town. Was that the best I'll ever be?

All I can say is teach me how to speak, teach me how to share, teach me where to go and tell me, will love be there? I don't know, I've just got to go. Either way, our work has begun. Let's get together, and we can work it out.

I cried to my daddy on the telephone "how long now?" But I know that in the end, it doesn't even matter. In all this, I stand with the sons of Cain, burned by the fire of love. It all just washed away.

When it's killing me, what do I really see? It's just a minor thing, yall. Sarcasm is to know it all. I'll be singing in the rain when it all goes wrong again. Just close your eyes and I'll kiss you.

I drove all night to see the sunrise over her skin. But this is not my life, though I tremble for my love. Just remember, spend your days not falling down before your empty idols. Now again I've found myself so far down, but I can't keep my eyes off of you. I never meant to be so bad to you, I promise. If you still care, please don't make me cry.

Why do you weep? did the self-ordained professor's tongue cut you down? Me, I'm holding on to all I think is safe. Remember, it once was beautiful, and it still is beautiful. But you don't want a love that's pure.who knows, maybe I'm going to make the mistake of my life

You know that every one of those words rang true.

Good Day...

5 Comments:

Blogger gabbie said...

as of now, i'm speechless.
that was amazing.
maybe later i'll leave a comment that makes more sense.

27.9.06  
Blogger Gracie said...

that's awesome..was every line in that from a song?

28.9.06  
Blogger gabbie said...

Or did you write it?

28.9.06  
Blogger DonKhan said...

to answer....I sat down yesterday and decided to see how far I could go writing song titles or quotes, and stringing them together with punctuation and little filler words. well, you can see for yourself....it went on for awhile :)

28.9.06  
Blogger Lynn Bruce said...

wow, that was amazing!

1.10.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home